Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Whitetail lethal, light accurate 7mm bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Whitetail lethal, light accurate 7mm bullets

For any and all 7mm calibers, a good rule of thumb is 1:9 twist, unless you plan on shooting those non-existant 195gr Berger VLD's. In which case you will want a 1:8.5 twist.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Gold Member

ive used the 120bt in about every 7mm up to and including the 7 rem mag and its allways performed well even at mag velocitys. Yes its not a barnes and will expand fast but ive yet to put one in the boileroom of a deer that i didnt package backstraps the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT2506 View Post
120 Nosler ballistic tip is deadly on deer as long as you keep impact velocity under 3000 fps which is no problem with the 7-30W.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member

Sounds like the 120's are perfect for a little 7-30 waters. Nice little deer rifle to start with in an encore. Now I have to get a load built and try it.