Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

What's so good about the Muscle brakes from Center Shot Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Platinum Member

Re: What's so good about the Muscle brakes from Center Shot Rifles

Simply put, it's an effective, attractive, brake.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Platinum Member

Nice group
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPGfan View Post
I just picked up my 7mm mag from having my smith install One. I'm shooting 180 jlk's at 3070. It's always shot around .5 moa with this load but beat the tar outa me. I always found myself strapping on a sissy pad. Well I hit the bench yesterday to test it out. I have always hated the brakes I have had before because of the concussion back at the shooter. They were just plain obnoxious. Not the Muscle Brake. To say i was impressed is an understatement. My 7 kicks like a 243 and absolutely no concussion to the shooter. Below is how it shot yesterday. Granted this was the best group I shot but i shot two more in the 3/8" range. Didn't get a chance to stretch her out as the range I was at was only 100 yards. I would not hesitate to purchase another. By far the finest brake I've ever been around

I was in trevors shop the other day and saw that sitting there it was almost done when I was there.

To the OP I probably have as many brakes from Centershot as anyone. and what first attracted me to them is I wanted a slabbed side port brake for my Lapua. I called Jim up and several other brake makers and Jim was straight up honest with me..told me what he had to offer and why he thought it was the best. His brakes are relatively inexpensive, a great looking design, very effective, and he has a ton of different sizes to fit pretty much any size barrel. etc.. I have had them put on 338 lapua, 300 win, 2 300 ultras, 375 ultra. and his brakes tamed them all. If you dont like the slabbed look check out the original CSR brakes. Those are great too.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPGfan View Post
I just picked up my 7mm mag from having my smith install One. I'm shooting 180 jlk's at 3070. It's always shot around .5 moa with this load but beat the tar outa me. I always found myself strapping on a sissy pad. Well I hit the bench yesterday to test it out. I have always hated the brakes I have had before because of the concussion back at the shooter. They were just plain obnoxious. Not the Muscle Brake. To say i was impressed is an understatement. My 7 kicks like a 243 and absolutely no concussion to the shooter. Below is how it shot yesterday. Granted this was the best group I shot but i shot two more in the 3/8" range. Didn't get a chance to stretch her out as the range I was at was only 100 yards. I would not hesitate to purchase another. By far the finest brake I've ever been around
I have a Muscle Brake on my 7mm RM to tame a load that performs similar to yours.

As others have stated, it's a great product at the right price that works really well.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Bronze Member

I can hunt with it without ear protection and leave with my ears not ringing. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++ break. I have mine on a 300 rum. makes recoil like a 243 sporter.