Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

What's so good about the Muscle brakes from Center Shot Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 PM

What's so good about the Muscle brakes from Center Shot Rifles

I am just curious. It seems like an awful lot of shooters like this brand of brake. What is better about it?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: What's so good about the Muscle brakes from Center Shot Rifles

Have the mini-muscle on a 6.5/284. Recoils like a kitten w/o being obnoxious. I am putting one on my 260 AI.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peashooter View Post
Have the mini-muscle on a 6.5/284. Recoils like a kitten w/o being obnoxious. I am putting one on my 260 AI.
I have one on my 6.5 X 47. To say its nice to shoot is an understatement.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

I have one on my 300RUM shooting 230g bergers and you can shoot it all day long. I have shot 35 rounds in the prone position in a one day target session with no discomfort while shooting or after. They are great!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

I just had one installed on a 7 SAUM and no blast on the shooter like some radial brakes and reduces the recoil to about a 223. I like it!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member

You get what you pay for, as in you get your money's worth & more IMO.
There is no "best brake period" for everyone, in every situation, but I believe Jim's brakes effectively cover the most bases. There are many things to consider when choosing a brake.
1- effectiveness. It's one of the best on the market at recoil reduction.
2- its a timed brake not a radial brake & due to Jims port design, it's also not obnoxious to the shooter, plus like other timed brakes, it doesnt throw snow, dust, dirt etc all over the shooter & optics from the prone position. Combine that with varying lengths & # of ports offered to cover a wide variety of case capacitie's from non magnums to Lapua & wildcats there of & you've got something to offer the majority of the shooting public who's in the market for a brake.
3-made of Quality material. Compare others & see for yourself what you'd want on your custom rifle.
4- Co$t. For the price, which is Very competitive, you get all you pay for & more in my opinion. Jim is a great guy to do business with, & stands behind his work.
5-Hard Earned reputations obviously speak volumes. LR shooters are some of the most demanding shooters out there. If its not all its cracked up to be its not gonna get cut any slack.
6-If you are frugal with your money, you will shop around. I guarantee you'll keep coming back to the Muscle brake, & a few others. (Many of which are sponsors of LRH like Jim). There's a select few that are considered top notch. One may be better for you personally than another, but I'd be willing to bet that the Muscle brake will be in your top 3-4 choices when it's all said & done.

Id highly recomend one. I love mine!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Gold Member

I just picked up my 7mm mag from having my smith install One. I'm shooting 180 jlk's at 3070. It's always shot around .5 moa with this load but beat the tar outa me. I always found myself strapping on a sissy pad. Well I hit the bench yesterday to test it out. I have always hated the brakes I have had before because of the concussion back at the shooter. They were just plain obnoxious. Not the Muscle Brake. To say i was impressed is an understatement. My 7 kicks like a 243 and absolutely no concussion to the shooter. Below is how it shot yesterday. Granted this was the best group I shot but i shot two more in the 3/8" range. Didn't get a chance to stretch her out as the range I was at was only 100 yards. I would not hesitate to purchase another. By far the finest brake I've ever been around
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
What's so good about the Muscle brakes from Center Shot Rifles-image.jpg