Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


Reply

What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Posts: 3,515
Re: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

Below is a link about the value of the 308 win. It does not compare the 308 versus the 30-06 but makes a comparison to other popular calibers.

Making A Case For The 308 Winchester By Michael Eichelle
__________________
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bean Patch
Posts: 193
Re: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

What do the .308, Arnold Swartzenager, Ford trucks, Kleenex, Richard Petty, McDonalds and Coke have in common ?

Answer: They are the standard in their field. Time tested and proved. Some things have come along that are equall to or even a little better but they still are the standard to be compared to.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 782
Re: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red hunter View Post
What do the .308, Arnold Swartzenager, Ford trucks, Kleenex, Richard Petty, McDonalds and Coke have in common ?

Answer: They are the standard in their field. Time tested and proved. Some things have come along that are equall to or even a little better but they still are the standard to be compared to.
you might just get quoted by me with that one...That's a pretty awesome way pf putting it
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,377
Re: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

The 308 has a lot of great attributes. Efficiency, moderate recoil, versatility, ease of loading, nearly endless barrel life.... As a long range cartridge it's rather....boring.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tucker, AR
Posts: 35
Re: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
Below is a link about the value of the 308 win. It does not compare the 308 versus the 30-06 but makes a comparison to other popular calibers.

Making A Case For The 308 Winchester By Michael Eichelle

Enjoyed that - thanks for the link. And I must say, you fellas have definitely answered my question.
__________________
Odor maskers come and go. Being downwind never goes out of style.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Winterville, NC
Posts: 1,496
Re: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grit View Post
The 308 has a lot of great attributes. Efficiency, moderate recoil, versatility, ease of loading, nearly endless barrel life.... As a long range cartridge it's rather....boring.
+1.....

.30 caliber with training wheels!

JohnnyK.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: What's to love about the .308 Winchester?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why the love for MOA? ICANHITHIMMAN Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 62 09-05-2011 12:15 PM
love to fight finn Member Introductions 1 01-07-2010 07:09 PM
Why no love for the A bolt? whitedogone Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 35 01-02-2010 02:33 AM
Gotta love em James Jones Humor 1 02-17-2008 07:02 PM
GPS feature you'll love!!! Eaglet Equipment Discussions 16 08-23-2007 09:51 AM

Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 31.11%
56 Votes
NO - 53.89%
97 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 15.00%
27 Votes
Total Votes: 180
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC