Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

What was the solvent that we used to clean our rifles in the Marine Corps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: What was the solvent that we used to clean our rifles in the Marine Corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
LSA is a whitish yellow color with a consistency about halfway between a light grease and a oil. I used to QC the stuff for a living. You must be thinking of something else.
and what does snot look like? <g>!! When we got our first case of it, the guys all remarked that it looked just like snot. I was lugging the 28lb. hog at the time, and a guy gave me a case of it, two spare barrels, a tabacco bag full of springs & firing pins, and about one and a half cleaning kits. Put all this in my hands and a box of Home Made Cigars, then patted me on the butt and said "your new, and I'm outta here!" I carried that thing for four months till we got a new guy! Then I still had to lug the thing everytime we did a C.A. as Top didn't trust the others with it. Those were the days when I weighed 145lb. and lugged 80lb. everyday. (I wouldn't last 30 minutes now). I developed a good relationship with LSA and the hog
gary
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What was the solvent that we used to clean our rifles in the Marine Corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
and what does snot look like? <g>!! When we got our first case of it, the guys all remarked that it looked just like snot. I was lugging the 28lb. hog at the time, and a guy gave me a case of it, two spare barrels, a tabacco bag full of springs & firing pins, and about one and a half cleaning kits. Put all this in my hands and a box of Home Made Cigars, then patted me on the butt and said "your new, and I'm outta here!" I carried that thing for four months till we got a new guy! Then I still had to lug the thing everytime we did a C.A. as Top didn't trust the others with it. Those were the days when I weighed 145lb. and lugged 80lb. everyday. (I wouldn't last 30 minutes now). I developed a good relationship with LSA and the hog
gary
I was just being technical in my description.....it absolutely looks like snot!!!!

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt