Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

What rifle did I just buy?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What rifle did I just buy?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Tell me about it.....I'm still hunting a 700 LSS in .257 Wby, that is NIB......Doubt I'll ever see one of those.
My brother had one of those lss 257 roys; didn't shoot well until he re-stocked it as the stock was warped. When he got her going, he dumped one of the biggest mule deer bucks I've even seen come out of the badlands at over 500 yards while using a fencepost for a rest. He's not one to settle on one toy for long, so it's gone already.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Silver Member

Contact Remington and ask them the same questions...

They have always been helpful to me, last summer I bought a bag of 300 RUM brass that had unfinished extractor grooves in all the pieces, I emailed them and they said send us "ONE"
pc to inspect, I did and about a week later they sent me a check for $72.00, I was floored but satisfied...

They also freely admitted that it was unfinished brass that got packaged prematurely !

contact Remington

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Gold Member

Does it look like this
Remington 700 5R Tactical Cerakote 308 WIN "LOOK" : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member

It is one of the Tactical series rifles, not a Milspec. The 5R Mispecs are non catalogue rifles that are all stainless, with an HS Precision stock that is black with green webbing, and a Wundhammer style tactical grip. I understand the Milspecs are overruns of the M-24 rifles produced for the military and supplied in limited numbers.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Gold Member

+1 on call Remington, have serial # handy when you do.
It may well have been to the custom shop, and if so, who knows what all was done to the rifle.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet bumper View Post
This is it exactly, only in .300 win mag. Everything else is to the tee. I just don't see them advertised anywhere on Remington's sight. I see quite a few sights selling them or similar but no one has commented on how they shoot, balance, likes/dislikes. I just wnjoy reading peoples opinions. Just wanting to read up on it and see how folks like it but I have no idea what to look under. Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll call rem and ask um.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Gold Member

Looks like a shooter. Feed it a steady diet of heavy bergers and you'll be in love.