Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

What rifle did I just buy?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM

What rifle did I just buy?!?!

I'm not a sharpshooter or a long range hunter, just a guy who asked a local gunsmith to get him a nice hunting rifle in .300 win mag. I just picked up the gun and I have no idea what model it is. On the box it says "Model 700 Tactical Cerokote bolt action center fire rifle 26" barrel w/ 5R rifling .300 win mag syn stock ext adj trigger" Order # 85541. So is it a milspec 5R or a sps tactical.... Or.... Lol sorry Im slow at this it's my first rifle. I'll try and upload pics
Old 02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What rifle did I just buy?!?!

Pictures of the box and gun would really help with answering your questions.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM

I tried to upload pics but can't figure it out using my iphone. I don't have a computer. It's a 26" barrel all black with a black synthetic stock and light grey spakaling on the stock.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member

When posting pictures on a forum or on the internet, it's ALOT easier to setup a PhotoBucket account, and posting the image code in the dialogue box, then submitting your reply.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Rifle and box pics

Mobile Photobucket

Mobile Photobucket
Old 02-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Do you have an iPhone?

If so, go into your PB (PhotoBucket) app...

choose the picture you want to post, and let it expand to just that 1 pic with a bunch of buttons around it to choose.

Then look to your bottom right, and you will see a white circle with a black lowercase "i" in it. Click on that.

Then you will see all kinds of URL Link codes, etc... Choose the one at the bottom that has IMG beside it.

A Blue box should pop up that says, "Copied IMG Code."

Click Ok.

Then exit out of PB, go back to your forum, and in this same box that I'm typing in now.....Double click and it should give you 3 options.....Select "Paste" and it should paste your image code into your Reply Box. Then just hit "Submit Reply" and it should post up a full-size picture.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM

Somebody had to know what this is..... *bump*