Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

What is a good group? Really???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Silver Member

Re: What is a good group? Really???

Wyowhisper
Not to start a ******* contest, if memory is right. A while back you were arguing the difference between benchrest guns and hunting guns. Custom hunting guns could be competive.

Its a personal thing to self improve. both your self and your equipment.

I think a good group is in the eye of the beholder! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Every gun and every shooter will have a different answer even a different scope could change group size to some extent.

I'd say your best group is good. And will put a smile on your face and can always be improved for a another smile.

Everyone would like a one hole group at 1K but it never seems to happen.

Most people would not even use three shot groups as of any use for anything. But a good one shot group on a Elk makes me happy.

CAM
Old 02-24-2004, 12:49 AM

Re: What is a good group? Really???

I second Cam,

good groups are one you are satysfied with, period.
My .30-06 Remington 700 shots around 1/2" at 100yr and I am still not happy with it. It is a production rifle, so my buddies make fun of me that I want to improve.
It is very personal, and if you are as crazy as me you will never rest in achieving smallest groups.

Greetings,

Peter [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]