Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

What Brake?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Re: What Brake?

They also make crush washers in different thicknesses to time a brake, just like on the AR-15s. Just order the size to match your thread diameter.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodmar10 View Post
They also make crush washers in different thicknesses to time a brake, just like on the AR-15s. Just order the size to match your thread diameter.

Ding Ding Ding

Also I have thisGoGunUSA - Rifle Brakes on my AR and it is amazing. Reduces recoil a ton and more importantly the sight dont move off target. I can put 5.56 green tips on a 8 inch plate at 100 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger.
Going to get on for my 300 WM and my .308

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Bronze Member

SAS Tactical Muzzle Brakes - Home

SAS tactical brakes, they have the website listed above, a facebook page, and a page on Ebay, and for anything extra custom he will send a paypal invoice, you can chose any style you want, streamlined or custom look. multiple metal choices, custom design your ports, length, diameter, taper, type of crown, and finish and you cannot beat the price for this work anywhere.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

does anybody know if clamp on brakes need to be timed. i assumed the advantage to their clamp on nature would be the lack of timing. i assume the brake would still need to be backed all the way to the shoulder of the threads?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I have a really nice Titanium Brake but it also would require a gunsmith for installation.
I have in the past used black or blued Gun=kote to color the brakes and it looks really nice.

Good Luck
Steve
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
What Brake?-brake.jpg  

Elk Meadow Performance
www.elkmeadowperformance.com
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Silver Member

You can do a search for Ross Schuler on here and the net. Excellent brakes with even better service and cant be beat on the cost. His will fix your flying debris problem as well!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

We have the tactical muscle break that has a timing slot and bolt that really works slick for addressing the timing issue. But another notable break is our "miller special" its a 3 port side discharge thats very effictive and has a timing detent for guys that run cans also.
Chris
Benchmark Barrels