Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

what barrel ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 07:31 PM
SPONSOR

Re: what barrel ??

I was speaking of Hart Rifle Barrels, Inc. in New York. Two different companies. Hart Rifle Bbls., Inc makes barrels. They supply the 'trade' and do installation in their shop, also. RW Hart is a gunsmithing firm. I've heard the families are cousins but, don't know that as a fact.

Last edited by shortgrass; 03-17-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortgrass View Post
Rock Creek isn't taking orders and Bartlein is 6-8 months behind and sometimes longer. Doesn't mean those are so much better than some of the other custom makers,,, just further behind with production. Some will insist brand X is better than brand Y or Z and it all boils down to personal bias. Fact usually isn't associated with their decision. ALL the major custom barrel makers make an excellent 'tube'. I've been fitting and chambering custom barrels for 21 years now. There are some brands I don't use, but not because they're "not good",,, because I don't care for their business practices. Remember, accuracy isn't totaly dependent on who made the barrel (as long as it came from a quality maker to begin with). Who did the fitting and chambering plays a big role, as does the choice of components for ammo,, how the rifle is 'stocked', whether the rifle wears a quality scope or not, and most of all ,,,, the "nut behind the trigger".

that is why you go on bugholes or grizzly and get the bbl in about 4 days. i agree chambering is a major factor but there is a reason you see a few makers in the winnners circle consitantly more than the others
Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
that is why you go on bugholes or grizzly and get the bbl in about 4 days. i agree chambering is a major factor but there is a reason you see a few makers in the winnners circle consitantly more than the others
The barrel doesn't squeeze the trigger, does it?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Silver Member

the guy squeezing the trigger does decide what tube to run.