Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

what barrel ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Banned

Re: what barrel ??

Will do
Old 03-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

i have one hart and several kriegers. the hart is a good one .
Old 03-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Banned

You know that's it am sticking to hart.. Calling in tomorrow morning.. Thanks everyone
Old 03-17-2013, 04:15 PM
SPONSOR

Rock Creek isn't taking orders and Bartlein is 6-8 months behind and sometimes longer. Doesn't mean those are so much better than some of the other custom makers,,, just further behind with production. Some will insist brand X is better than brand Y or Z and it all boils down to personal bias. Fact usually isn't associated with their decision. ALL the major custom barrel makers make an excellent 'tube'. I've been fitting and chambering custom barrels for 21 years now. There are some brands I don't use, but not because they're "not good",,, because I don't care for their business practices. Remember, accuracy isn't totaly dependent on who made the barrel (as long as it came from a quality maker to begin with). Who did the fitting and chambering plays a big role, as does the choice of components for ammo,, how the rifle is 'stocked', whether the rifle wears a quality scope or not, and most of all ,,,, the "nut behind the trigger".
Old 03-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned

Mr.grass please feel free to not hold back. Who won't you use ??? . You also said your in the business of clambering and lapping, with who are you associated with ???. Knowledge is power and I need it
Old 03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2live View Post
Mr.grass please feel free to not hold back. Who won't you use ??? . You also said your in the business of clambering and lapping, with who are you associated with ???. Knowledge is power and I need it
My 'handle' is "shortgrass", because I live in a area known as the shortgrass prairie. Seems most have heard of the 'tallgrass prairie' but only a few have heard of the 'shortgrass prairie". Pm sent, as I don't care to list companies by name, in a negitive light, on an open forum. After all, it would just be my opinion.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

Okay now am freaking confused. I thought hart was in ny. Who is Rw hart in pa ??? Look like the same company???