Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

What is this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Gold Member

What is this?

Went to Cabelas today and saw they had a few rifles called " Remington model 700 Long Range " the on that caught my eye is they had one in 7mmRM and for only $700. It looks a lot like the old school Senderos but the stock looks to be more like a B&C copy not the HS but was all mate blued with a 26" sendero contor barrel, BDL . But Remington's website doesn't show this gun nor can I find it anywhere !!! What is this thing? And where did it come from?
Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What is this?

Given the volume of rifles that Cabela's sells, it's possible that it's a rifle built exclusively for Cabela's.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

I believe it is listed on remingtons site under mdl 700 long range if the same , but has no specs listed for the weight, calibers, ect... only the overview
Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Gold Member

Ok I found this on there 2014 catalog ...it seems Remington dumped the POS sps stock on there "SPS LONG RANGE" and went with the B&C M40 stock with a aluminum bedding block ..this is a vary nice lookin stick!!! Dad and I are ordering two in the 7mmRM ...take a look.. http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ong-range.aspx
Old 01-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Gold Member

As far as calibers offerings ..I have seen 25-06,30-06,7mmRM,308 and maybe 270 so far...
Old 01-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

Could you post a link or model number for the Cabelas heavy barreled 700 rifle with the heavy barrel in 7mm RM caliber? It has interested me, and for $700 it would make a nice range gun for me, so I don't shoot out my hunting rifles.

Thanks!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Gold Member

I don't have part numbers or anything , I will try to see what my dealer can find this week and get back to y'all ...