Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

View Poll Results: weatherby rifles
opinions on weatherby rifles 69 88.46%
reply 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Weatherby rifles and cartridges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: Weatherby rifles and cartridges

when you mention slick and smooth,..that has little to do with actual accuracy,..but I think you spelled SAKO incorrectly,..I don't remember there being any "W's" in it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Silver Member

yeah guys I wans't trying to slam weatherby's but you could do ether a no throat or a very short one on a Rem 700 Action and I promise it will shoot great now if your just looking for a flat out lazer critter smacker look no further than Kirby Allen Mag based off a .338 Rum highly modified No belt to hassle with and they will flat smoke antyhing in the particular carts ole Roy had offerd in the same configuration ... .275---6.5 and a .270 now I do udrerstand that the bbr life will not be that long but who cares how many deer do you whack in a year plus bbl are cheap! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry Kirby I hade to post it for ya [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] thse new carts are two awsome to be forgotten! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]null[/img]
Old 11-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Silver Member

I've only dealt w/ 5 Weatherby factory rifles. All shot great.

I've dealt w/ a bunch of Remchesterugers and I've never seen 5 in a row that shot worth a flip. Yes, the others turn out shooters but, for me Weatherby has been 100%.

I can't believe the negative comments on these rifles. I'm rolling here .

They are these best functioning rifle on the market (Factory Wise) as far as I'm concerned. They have great triggers, the bolt slides like silk, and they aren't too bad looking.

The Proof is in the Puddin'.

Good Luck!

Reloader
Old 11-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Silver Member

JustC,

The Sako rifles are fine too but, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one w/ the lack of QC they have developed. They are quickly fading in popularity especially, after all of the blow-ups they've had this year.

Good Luck!

Reloader
Old 11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

Reloader,..I don't have any sako 75's but I bought 3 of those L691's "in the white" and have barreled one in 6.5-06AI. Damn thing is smooth and shoots very well. There is so much steel in this action,..it makes me feel pretty safe. They aren't exactly the lightest rigs,..but for a LR hunting rig,..who cares,..I ain't carrying it but from the truck to the bench [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] These are my first SAKO's so I am no expert.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Gold Member

I have found Weatherby's to be somewhat overated.

Weatherby friends think they are the real deal, but not me. Give me a Sako any day!!..sakofan.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Gold Member

It's difficult enough to get TWO LOCKING LUGS to mesh up right much less.....NINE!!

NO THANK YOU IN SPITE OF WHO SAYS WHAT!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]