Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Weatherby Accurizing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: Weatherby Accurizing

GetSmart, I appreciate your interest in my problem. barrel shot out, probably not. I've tried more powder and loads than I care to comment on. As mentioned previously, I can get very nice groups with load A on Saturday then Sunday Load A opens up. I went as far as match prepping my loads, weighing cases, bullets ect. I have had the rifle for four years now and easily put 500 plus rounds down the tube. I did follow Weatherby's sequence with torquing the action screws down to 65inch pounds. After four years I think I'm going to throw in the towel and replace the barrel. Possibly go to the 6.5 STW. I reload for several other rifles with excellent results so I must place the blame on this particular rifle. I will never flame a Weatherby or any other gun for that matter, it does live up to its 1.5" guarantee. For me, with my new long-range bug I need to stay sub-moa...I appreciate you attention to this detail. TOT Fifty.....Wade