Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Voodoo Juice or Real Life Benefits???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Voodoo Juice or Real Life Benefits???

Has anyone had any experience with LifeLiner's Ceramic Bore Treatment??? Otis Technology, Inc. - (.07) LifeLiner (Nano Ceramic Bore Liner)<br>NOW AVAILABLE!!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Voodoo Juice or Real Life Benefits???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrime View Post
Has anyone had any experience with LifeLiner's Ceramic Bore Treatment??? Otis Technology, Inc. - (.07) LifeLiner (Nano Ceramic Bore Liner)<br>NOW AVAILABLE!!

Put that stuff in any of my Kriegers --- I don't think so.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
That's kinda what I thought, but it SOUNDS good.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Gold Member

Their marketing material states that it will add microns to worn barrels. Obviosly it would add microns to a new barrel.

It would make a good experiment to see if you could refurbish a barrel that one might otherwise be replacing.

If there were indeed some way to extend barrel life dramatically, it would change the cartridge selection for my next rifle.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Boss, what about Microlon Gun Juice? Ever tried any of it?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

My rifles are built by one of the best people that exist and is a HOF BR shooter ass well----we are also good friends and shoot together. These type products are like trying to pour STP into an old engine to make it new again esp in a good tube-----I use a bore scope and even indicate the barrel in (Speedy does I just watch to spin it before actually chambering to determine if it goes back to the maker) and go to painful detail to load my sporter rifle ammunition just like my competition ammo.

That being said there is no way I would ever put anything in a tube to coat the inside-----I like to start every match or shooting session with a Pristine tube---that way I always know what my starting condition is and can make judgments on that particular tube and how it behaves when in different stages of fouling.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
That being said there is no way I would ever put anything in a tube to coat the inside-----I like to start every match or shooting session with a Pristine tube---that way I always know what my starting condition is and can make judgments on that particular tube and how it behaves when in different stages of fouling.
Well... I imagine you do put a cleaning product down your tube... and probably some sort of corrosion protection product? So I guess my question would be how diffewrent is Gun Juice? Would it adversly affect accuracy? I may be wrong, but I'm guessing not. I'll give my factroy Sendero a good break-in with it and see how it does. I'm hoping to get a few hundred rounds more of life out of a 1000 round 300 RUM and maybe squeeze out a few more fps as a side beneifit.

Got an idea for you an Speedy... Barrel a couple of rifles with identical tubes and chambering in a fun shooting overbore, say like a 6mm-WSM, then break-in one and maintian with Gun Juice and do your normal routine with the other and see how they do for barrel life and accuracy

Regards,

-MR