Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

*Updated 10/29* Terminal Performance 6.5mm 130gr CEB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Terminal Performance of 6.5mm 130gr CEB

Very interested, I would like to see what it would do if you center punched an elk in the shoulder.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Very interested, I would like to see what it would do if you center punched an elk in the shoulder.

Right!? With the bigger 30's & 338's, i'd have no problem wacking a shoulder but with my iddy biddy 6.5... ehhh

Tell you what, If I get the chance, i'll center punch my 'lope's shoulder just to see if the bullet will take the abuse or not. Should be a pretty good test medium

Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Right!? With the bigger 30's & 338's, i'd have no problem wacking a shoulder but with my iddy biddy 6.5... ehhh

Tell you what, If I get the chance, i'll center punch my 'lope's shoulder just to see if the bullet will take the abuse or not. Should be a pretty good test medium
Sounds like a deal...if you dont you are dead to me!

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Sounds like a deal...if you dont you are dead to me!

Guess i'd better get my arse out there! I'll post my findings into this thread when I get'er done.

t

Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member

Great Post. There has been a lot of interest on other threads regarding whether or not the CE bullet were actually fragmenting like they are supposed to. Unless I missed some updates, up until now it has been hard to determine because all the the bullets were getting complete pass throughs from almost any angle and quick kills too I might add.

I am interested to know if there was a pass through on this one as well? If so the base likely held enough weight to still get a pass though while the upper portion fragmented and did what it was designed to do. Just about the perfect bullet performance IMO!

Knowing if there was a pass through would also help determine how much this bullet could take if it hit more bone.

Scot E.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member

Scot, I refrained from adding that info as my findings were inconclusive. There was evidence of an exit BUT, the damage was minimal so to speak. No quarter size hole or other major size exit unless I missed it... I could not determine if it was damage from fragments or the core itself to an extent where I could honestly say Yes, it exited....

I'm sure that'll muddy the waters a little bit

Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Scot, I refrained from adding that info as my findings were inconclusive. There was evidence of an exit BUT, the damage was minimal so to speak. No quarter size hole or other major size exit unless I missed it... I could not determine if it was damage from fragments or the core itself to an extent where I could honestly say Yes, it exited....

I'm sure that'll muddy the waters a little bit
That's fine, good info nonetheless. The banana peels were located on the far side though correct?

Scot E.