Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Ultimate Long Range Coyote Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Ultimate Long Range Coyote Rifle

7stw is a flat shooter but for yotes and such the 6.5x284 would be the largest i would ever go for a dedicated predator rifle. I sound crazy now because the last few months i have been hunting yotes with my custom stw. But not by choice. Anyway. At 1000 yds i can hit a coyote sized target on the first shot most of the time if the wind is pretty easy on me however. My coyote target is made of steel and doesn't move on me like a real one would. Given how nervous they are, their size, and how well they can camouflage 1000 yd hits on yotes are tough. Ive never done it myself. Sounds like your hand calling too. That makes it tougher. And also remember that even with an stw you need its exactrange and if its coming to you the range is changing so fast that you might need a spotter/range guy to assist. I hope you do it. Sounds awesome but very challenging. Good luck