Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Tuned Trajectory Compensator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Bronze Member

Tuned Trajectory Compensator

A company called Kenton Industries makes replacement target knobs for your scope. These target knobs are calibrated in yardage increments, replacing the factory knobs.
Has anyone tried these? Do they work? Sounds like a great product if it does [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bob Percifield
Old 12-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Tuned Trajectory Compensator

There have been several discussions about these.

Do a search on Kenton and change the time frame to about 1 year.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Bronze Member

Dave, I did the search, but no one talked about wether they had them or how well they worked.
I would think that with a turrent made up in yards would give the hunter a tremendous advantage. If you worked up the MOA's to now read in yards, you could make your adjustments on target more quickly and you wouldn't have to try and remember your come ups to get to the yardage you wish to shot too, and you would be able to go right back to your 100 yd zero.
It seems that if I give accurate info on my come ups from 100 to 1000 yds and break it down to every 50 yds past 500 that this would work if their turrents were made with my very accurate specific data. Then the only thing I would have to really worry about is to figure out my wind drift.
Also I would do my range work as close as possible in the area I will be hunting so that turrent would match weather and altitude conditions.I'm thinking of testing a set on my custom 25 06 deer rifle and if they worked to my satisfaction then put them on my 300 RUM for long range elk hunting.
I value the opinions of the people on this forum and await answers and recomendation from you. Thanks and shoot long and well [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bob Percifield
Old 12-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Silver Member

ricka's scope page

They are listed on my scope page on the advice of several experts (lynn for one). I've heard great things about them. Best if you stick to one bullet.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Bronze Member

bIg bOre, Thanks thats how I found the turrents was on your site. Can you give me someone to talk to who has them? It seems like a very sound investment if they work.
Shoot long and often [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bob Percifield
PS: I will stick to one bullet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]SMK [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]