Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit Worked!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit Worked!!!

I had a difficult time finding a load for my CZ 550 Ultimate Hunting Rifle 300 Win Mag.About a 2 inch group was the best I could get out of it at 200 yards.OK,but I felt like it should do a little better than that.I was thinking about getting a custom barrel put on it,but before I did,I thought I'd give Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit a try.I was amazed,I could see my groups start to tighten up after the first five shots.By the time I got to the last bullets in the kit,I was shooting a 1 inch group at 200 yards.That was the best this rifle had ever done.The other day I finally made it back out to the range to try a few test loads to see how it would do.I think I'll stick with this one!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit Worked!!!-cz-550-300-win-mag-002.jpg  
Old 12-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit Worked!!!

Good report and good to know.

Thanks and congrats!

Jeff
Old 12-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Didn't hurt a thing to try it.
Should copper foul less now
Old 12-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

Always good to see first hand experiences.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member

The Tubb FF has worked for me both times I've used it.

Once on a new Remmy sportier 338 RUM take off bbl. Wished I would have shot for accuracy first but didn't. After the Tubbs process she broke in to lead free in about 15 shots and is super accurate and a dream to clean.

Once on a shot out 270 Allen Magnum. This bbl went from 0.25 MOA accuracy to nearly 1.5 MOA @ 200.

The Tubbs process brought it back to 0.25 MOA which made me feel really great. . . but. . . for only 15 more shots. . . :roll eyes:
Old 12-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldhunter View Post
I had a difficult time finding a load for my CZ 550 Ultimate Hunting Rifle 300 Win Mag.About a 2 inch group was the best I could get out of it at 200 yards.OK,but I felt like it should do a little better than that.I was thinking about getting a custom barrel put on it,but before I did,I thought I'd give Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit a try.I was amazed,I could see my groups start to tighten up after the first five shots.By the time I got to the last bullets in the kit,I was shooting a 1 inch group at 200 yards.That was the best this rifle had ever done.The other day I finally made it back out to the range to try a few test loads to see how it would do.I think I'll stick with this one!
Go back and shoot a five shot group and report back. I've shot some amazing 3 shot groups -- only to be disappointed at the end.

Seems like the Tubbs bullets did help, regardless of my caveats. So I am not saying that they are worthless.

But the statistical probability that you shot a great group "randomly" with a 5 shot group is far lower. 3 shot groups only really tell you where to put your further research....
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member

Don't forget one shot groups,, as this matters most in LR hunting.
3 or 5 shots touching -somewhere on paper, is not equal to 1 shot cutting center of mark.

Grouping is used by hunters to delude themselves about their shooting system performance.
It steers their minds from accuracy to fixate on precision.

You can go to another world in shooting with 3 shots:
Pull a gun out of it's case, set it on a bipod in the dirt, as you would in the field, and put one shot into a 1.5" bull at 300yds.
Put the gun away, drink a cup of coffee, and then pull it to shoot once on a 2.5" bull at 500yds.
Put the gun away, drink another cup of coffee, and then repeat another shot on a 1" bull at 200yds.

This is 3 shots with entirely different meaning than a ragged hole group at 100yds.
It means you're ready to take hunting shots to 500, or not (and that's it's time to piss somewhere).