Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

triger for a browing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Gold Member

triger for a browing

does anybody make a after market triger for a left hand 270 browing A-Bolt ?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: triger for a browing

You don't need a new trigger. Just buy one of these...

Rifle Basix Rifle Trigger Spring Kit Browing A-Bolt 1-1/4 to 3-1/2 lbs

I just put one in my A-Bolt II and adjusted the trigger to it's lightest setting, and took all the creep and travel out of it, and that thing is probably THE best modification you can do to an A-Bolt. Especially for under $20.00.

Right now mine is set at 1.25 lbs with 0 creep...It feels like a custom trigger. You will be impressed at how easy the swap is, too. Took me all of 10 mins (taking my time).

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

The only one I have seen is by Jard and is $250. . .

Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrunner2005 View Post
you don't need a new trigger. Just buy one of these...

rifle basix rifle trigger spring kit browing a-bolt 1-1/4 to 3-1/2 lbs

i just put one in my a-bolt ii and adjusted the trigger to it's lightest setting, and took all the creep and travel out of it, and that thing is probably the best modification you can do to an a-bolt. Especially for under $20.00.

Right now mine is set at 1.25 lbs with 0 creep...it feels like a custom trigger. You will be impressed at how easy the swap is, too. Took me all of 10 mins (taking my time).
A BIG +1,000,000 for the trigger spring kits. Timney makes a great one too.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

A little off topic, but I have an a bolt that the bottom 3/16" or so was broken off during shipping. Is there a source for just the trigger from the factory? Midway and Brownells don't appear to have one. . .

Old 03-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

It got broke shipping from the mfg? I'd be calling up Browning and then whoever shipped it....

I don't quite understand what you are needing? If it broke the trigger, wouldn't you need a new trigger guard, too?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Silver Member

No it was a private sale from a friend of mine and was shipped out of the stock and trigger guard. The barreled action must have gotten rattled some in shipping while the trigger worked it's way through the side of the box where I presume it broke. The box is in good shape so I don't see the shipped doing anything. . .

Just to clarify, the only portion that was damaged was the gold trigger itself, the rest of the trigger and safety mechanism is in good shape.