Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Thoughts On A First Generation Sendero .300 Win Mag.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 08:38 AM

Thoughts On A First Generation Sendero .300 Win Mag.

I have a opportunity to acquire a .300 Win. Mag. Sendero first generation, blued with no flutes or j-lock. This Sendero is in excellent condition, H S Precision stock no palm swell, one owner and less than 100 rnds down the tube.
What is the gun worth?

Old 01-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Thoughts On A First Generation Sendero .300 Win Mag.

awesome rifle and round. there is an article in precision shooting back a while , the 7mm mag model was used by the secrect service.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member

I have purchased and set up several of these. All but one were 300 wins, the other a 7 REM. They all have shot great. Even better after some easily done bedding and trigger work. The average price I paid was $800 a couple just under.

Jeff
Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Sendero 1st gen are usually great pipes. If you can get it for anywhere near what Broz said, I'd give her a good once over to make sure it isn't boogered up and send some lead with it if it's good to go.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:06 PM

I bought one several years ago. It only has one problem. As long as I keep it clean, it will shoot .5 MOA. After about 15 shots or so the accuracy degrades to over 2 MOA. Run a brush and a few patches through it and it's back to .5 MOA. So I just keep it clean. I am too scared to try J-B bore paste. Afraid I'll loose the accuracy that I do have. Other than that, it is the most accurate rifle, new or used, I have ever bought. I got mine for $500. That is only because they though there was a problem with the rifle. You would pull the trigger and there would be a delay before firing. It ended up being a small amount of rust on the main spring. Cleaned it up and everything went to working like it should.