Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Tangent Ogive VS Secant Ogive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: Tangent Ogive VS Secant Ogive

Hello Guys,

First off, I would like to Thank everyone that responded to my question about Secant Ogive Radius with answers or articles. Secondly, I really do appreciate the other opinions on my crazy idea.
It has been a long winter and way to much time on my hands I guess. I have a problem of dreaming up crazy ideas sometimes. This was just an experiment I wanted to mess around with for my own use.

Thanks again,

Ray
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Tangent Ogive VS Secant Ogive

What Kevin Thomas said was spot on and rhymed well with what I posted.

I can tell ya all about attempting to reduce 7mm Bergers to .277. Cost of dies, powder, etc, time and $ were excessive for the lousy result.

Then comes the bullet repointing project. I'm not yet convinced that this won't work. Cost of lathe, time to learn to run the thing, tons of chips and especially learning how to modify stuff to get less than a thou run out of the Harbor Freight lathe has been a challenge. My machinist neighbor is looking at me really funny.

There's a thread hear regarding messing with LC machine gun brass. I'm just a bit more stubborn that that fella is. Much to my own detriment.

However, neither Berger or anyone else will be coming up with the bullet that is needed, at least not in my lifetime.