Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Summt Precision Arms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 AM

Summt Precision Arms?

Hi everyone. I am new to long range hunting rifles and have been doing a lot of research and talking to a few different guns smiths about my first rifle build. It will be based on a 7mm WSM and I would like at least a #5 contour barrel.

One place I found that offers rifles like this is Summit precision Arms. I canít seem to find any type of reviews or information on them other than whatís on their site. Has anyone heard of them or have any experience with their riffles?

My other options right now are Hill Country Rifles and Long Range Rifles LLC.

Thank You.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Silver Member

Re: Summt Precision Arms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocivic View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to long range hunting rifles and have been doing a lot of research and talking to a few different guns smiths about my first rifle build. It will be based on a 7mm WSM and I would like at least a #5 contour barrel.

One place I found that offers rifles like this is Summit precision Arms. I canít seem to find any type of reviews or information on them other than whatís on their site. Has anyone heard of them or have any experience with their riffles?

My other options right now are Hill Country Rifles and Long Range Rifles LLC.

Thank You.

Hi, and welcome. The builders you mention are excellent. Any number off great Smiths out there. I would add Chad at longriflesinc, greybull precision to the list. Look around the forums here. Plenty of rifles to look at. I think, in my world anyhow, it comes down to dollars. Do you want a $1000 rifle? 2000, 3000, 5000? There are ways to fit any of those numbers. An exellent resource is the frnt page where all the articles are available. ( longrangerifles.com) There is a great article on building a "budget" rifle as well as articles on other builds and rifles.