Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Which stock for Sendero?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 AM

Which stock for Sendero?

Several weeks ago I picked up a Sendero SFII. The stock that's on it is very nice, but not what I'm accustomed to for a hunting rifle. I intend to carry this around in the mountains. I'm thinking about the Manners MCS-T or the McMillan HTG. Finish will likely be a camo pattern. Are there others out there I should also consider, which would you choose and why? Any ideas about how long I'll have to wait to get a custom ordered stock? Where's the best place to order a camo stock that's inletted for my sendero and a detachable box magazine?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Which stock for Sendero?

I put the McMillan Game Scout stock on mine. Love it! It took about 4 months to get here. I had a buddy order one after he shot mine, and decided to have some work done on it, and the gunsmith highly recommended that he keep the HS stock that was on there. I personally thought the palm swell was way too big and so was the forend. I love the classic style forend of the Game Scout, and it shaved off a noticeable amount of weight. Most of the time the gun is strapped to my pack, but when I do carry it, it is at least comfortable to carry, and I have become a big fan of the vertical style grip. One bad thing is with the classic (rounded) style forend, it is almost impossible to get the sling swivel perfectly on center. I have sent it back once and got it back better, but not perfect. So if you like to have a bi-pod on your weapon, you'll need to get the pivoting version.