Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Stock for savage 111 LA DBM (desperate)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Bronze Member

Stock for savage 111 LA DBM (desperate)

Fellas,

Like the title says I'm looking for a replacement stock for my savage. It's a model 111 Long action Detachable box mag center feed. I've searched high, low and everywhere in the middle... Does anyone out there know if one exists. Hell, I'd even settle for an accu-stock if they made one for that configuration. But I can't even find one of those. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Stock for savage 111 LA DBM (desperate)

The accu stock isn't cross compatible with older versions...
If you are handy with tools to do the inletting for the DBM, Boyds makes a nice laminate stock.
Check Stockys too.
Numrich gun parts....
Old 08-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Bronze Member

This is the newer version (center feed), but I don't think they made any accu-stocks with dbm. The only models that I see on there site with the accu-stock is ones with the hinged floor plate.

I don't really want to have to inlet anything, just want a direct replacement. (No skills)

I do seem to recall seeing long action replacement stocks for the new center feed but only for internal boxed models. Is there a way for me to convert my gun to that?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Bronze Member

click on that midway ad up there, they sell complete blind mags.
If you are looking for laminate Boyds is the least expensive...
otherwise B+C you can buy from midway also.
Have you checked at Savageshooters.com?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Bronze Member

I can't seem to find where a conversion mag kit would be on midway. Can you post a link?

Plus i just looked threw all there savage stocks and the only one that specifies center feed is for a short action! Its hard to believe that stock manufactures are still only making stocks for the older savages? There has to be some demand for stocks with the new center feed type actions.

I'm getting to the point where I'm about ready to just sell this thing and go pick up a rem 700. At least I know I could find aftermarket for it...
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Bronze Member

Savage Arms Magazine Box 30-06 Length Model 110, 111 Long Actions - MidwayUSA
This is for the 25-06, 270,30-06 group

Savage Arms Magazine Box Standard Magnum (300 Winchester Magnum) Model 110, 111 Long Action - MidwayUSA
This is for the magnums

Click on suggested products and it will take you to the sping and follower that you need with it.
totals about 15$

Don't worry about that stagger feed bit it's a cya.
It will work. you will have to shim the magazine in place, use cardboard, duct tape whatever, then make sure rounds feed properly.
once you have it dilaed in, then make it more permanent.
I take it the plastic original is giving you kittens?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the links! I think that's exactly what I've been looking for. So this will essentially turn my dbm center feed into a blind mag staggered feed? Or is it just changing it to blind mag but still center feed? Sorry, I hope that makes sense. I don't have a whole lot of experience with modifying guns.

Either way it's good to know that I can make both work in the older stocks. I knew there had to be some way around it haha. Ya that tupperware junk from the factory is such crap! Good to know an alternative.

Thanks for your help and patience,
Matt