Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Stock Options for Remington Long Action Sendero SFII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Bronze Member

Stock Options for Remington Long Action Sendero SFII

Just purchased a lightly used Remington Sendero SF II in .264 Win Mag. Low round count but it came from Texas and has a professional Texas Brush Country Camo job on it. For the hills and prairies of South Dakota it just won't do. I was going to get it duracoated but then thought there may be other neat options out there. I bought this rifle more for a field gun so I wouldn't mind looking at some lighter options as well. I don't mind humping around an 11 pound gun but if there are quality options out there to avoid it, I wouldn't complain. Thank you all in advance for your input.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Stock Options for Remington Long Action Sendero SFII

Post up some current pics of the gun with the custom painted stock...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Bronze Member

As you commanded, I only have the pictures I received from the seller as the rifle hasn't made it to my FFL yet.

Here are those pictures

Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member

Wow..........Just...Wow............That's all I got to say.

I was interested in buying it if it was still black/gray web, but I don't think I'll be able to work with that one...LOL

I can't blame you one bit for swapping stocks. Good luck on your endeavor.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Bronze Member

Yeah, that was my reaction too. I would almost call it gaudy. Then again, I've never hunted Texas. Price was right even with having to repaint/replace the stock so I couldn't pass it up.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member

Well, I changed the first part of my original post.....Figured it was nicer the way I left it. LOL

But yeah, it almost looks cartoon-ish. If they had gone with a more natural or realistic pattern it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

That stock is a little bright and gaudy for my taste.I'd have a can of spray paint in my hand when I picked it up. Oh heck, as long as the rifle shoots good is what really matters, looks aren't everything.