Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

stock choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Bronze Member

stock choice

ok so now im set on a barrel thanks to the some input from members here, now on to the other tough choice, a stock...o, im using a Mauser action and i would like to stay with a wood stock, so i can kind of fit it to myself, im not a very tall person and like to be able to make my rifles fit me properly. i have been looking at the JRS stock from Boyd's and the Warsaw sporter from Fajen, but im curious as to how either of these stocks would work out on a rifle that will be shot ALOT, i want something very comfortable and sturdy, and also fairly rigid. the barrel will only be a #4 taper, but will be abit long at 28", im open to any suggestions, but would like to keep the price under $200 if possible, weight is not an issue, long as it doesnt put my total rig weight over 12lbs unscoped.
thanks
Daniel J. Ludwig
Old 12-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Bronze Member

Re: stock choice

Dan,

I have not used these guys....yet. I am, however,, very seriously considering one of their laminate target style stocks for a Sako L579 that I am building.
http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm
Email or PM me, I have another source if you want.

Shu
Old 12-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member

PM not active on this site (yet)
Old 12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Bronze Member

Shufisher,
if you have any other sources i would really like to see them, that first site has one stock that i really like, but always looking for more.
thanks
Daniel J. Ludwig
Old 12-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Bronze Member

Dave,

My dad does semi-inlets, but most of his patterns are of the classic style. He does have a few thumbhole and silhouette patterns and will leave as much wood as you want to customize to your tastes. His blanks run the gammet from plain to fancy and everything in between. He also has some laminates, but nothing as psychodelic as the site above offers.

Shu