Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Gold Member

Re: Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Coyote View Post
Out of those I can see the 338 RUM selling well.

as to future ventures...

It’s time for Remington to wake up and release a real 6.5 whether 260 or 6.5 cm with a properly twisted barrel 1-8 to 1-8.5. Also a 223 with a 1-7 to 1-8 twist along with the nato chamber in the 223 SPS tactical, this would allow us to shoot cheap in a 1k capable rifle. All of the above with a varmint/sendro barrel, dont really care about the stock or trigger as I will most likely replace those anyway.

Something else I have always wanted to see is a 30-06 with a varmint/sendero barrel...
Well I would definitely say we have proven a Remington 700 Sendero SF 338 RUM is highly sought after these days.

This "Brand New In The Box Remington 700 Sendero SF 338 Remington Ultra Magnum" sold for $2,226.00 today!

REMINGTON 700 SENDERO SF 338 REM ULTRA MAGNUM : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Bump.......What ever became of this?

I'd still about sell my soul to buy one in a .308, .280AI (SAAMI chambering), .257 Weatherby Mag, 7mm RemMag, and .300 WinMag, all at the same time!

And they would all have to come with 40-X triggers in them. No X-marks...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Gold Member

6.5x284 with 1-8 or faster
7STW
338 Rum
375 RUM with the twist for 350's
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

What is the status of this. We have 8 pages on this thread and not a response from the op as to if it is doable, or pricing
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

OK question 1st why did Rem stop making the original line of Sendero's? 2nd what is the difference
Between all the sender models? Is it the finish, fluting, stainless etc.. I do not own a sender but have realized the are growing in me and I am very curious. Love the way they look
Deffinetly like the SS with black flutes but without works as
Well.
If it would be a limited run on that model and price wasn't stupid crazy. Why not order the one ya want instead of just certain calibers. Just my .02. They are beautiful rifles.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemens View Post
OK question 1st why did Rem stop making the original line of Sendero's? 2nd what is the difference
Between all the sender models? Is it the finish, fluting, stainless etc.. I do not own a sender but have realized the are growing in me and I am very curious. Love the way they look
Deffinetly like the SS with black flutes but without works as
Well.
If it would be a limited run on that model and price wasn't stupid crazy. Why not order the one ya want instead of just certain calibers. Just my .02. They are beautiful rifles.
1) No Clue....But they screwed up big time in doing so, IMO. Probably thought it had been around long enough and wanted to put out something new to increase sales, or some other BS money-hungry reason.
2) Sendero (original) - blued finish, heavy barrel, non-fluted, jeweled bolt
Sendero SF - Stainless barrel and action, fluted barrel, jeweled bolt
Sendero SFII - Stainless barrel and action, black fluted barrel, jeweled bolt
The stainless w/ black flutes is the Sendero SFII.

3) That is an EXCELLENT idea! Why not just be able to order in whatever caliber you so desire, with whatever twist barrel would be nice!

I'd order a Sendero SF .280 A.I. (Nosler SAAMI Spec chamber) w/ 26" 1:9" twist, and a worked 40-X trigger (no X-Mark, they suck). I'd enjoy shooting that thing until the barrel melted and warped...Hahaha! Plus, imagine it with a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 ZS HS MOAR w/ a good rail and rings. That would be the ultimate whitetail setup, from 50-1000 yards.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Silver Member

Thank mud runner for the reply now I know what to look for in the future. Is the sendaro line completely gone