Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

Mudrunner,

Nice looking rifle, not to high jack this thread but I had a hunter this fall in B.C. sheep hunting and the J Lock some how got turned and his rifle would not fire and no one in camp brought along the key. Not a good position to be in, so I say rifles just like yours minus the J lock.

Elk Meadow Performance
www.elkmeadowperformance.com
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Platinum Member

I agree, but i don't see that one happening, since that was Remington's play towards the "lawyer lock", and keeping their butts from being sued. For which part, I can't blame them.

I've never had any issues with my guns with the J-Locks.....That's odd. I've never heard of anyone having any issues like that, either. Then again, I guess stranger things have happened.

Thanks man, yeah, she's a shooter, that's for sure. Had her for 11 years now (since new).

Wish I could have one in all 4 of the calibers I listed. If they do a special run, I want serial number 1 of each caliber.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Gold Member

I would love to see Remington offer a Remington 700 Sendero SF in a 338 rum again. They were discontinued and with the latest surge in big calibers again I think they would sell like hotcakes. The 338 rum Senderos that have sold on GunBroker lately have gotten some serious high dollar $$$!

Oh, and I prefer the original Sendero SF with the No palm swell and No black flutes!!!

Here'a a couple of pics of my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs (my were manufactured in 1997 & 1998 so no J-locks).

It would be great having a Remington 700 Sendero SF 338 rum to match my 7mm STWs!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Special Remington Sendero Run Interest-twin-senderos-7mm-stw_1.jpg   Special Remington Sendero Run Interest-twin-senderos-7mm-stw_2.jpg  

Special Remington Sendero Run Interest-twin-senderos-7mm-stw_3.jpg  

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member

You just had to do it, didn't you...........

Sometimes I hate you....

I always wanted a twin for my STW.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Bronze Member

I would be in for a .280 AI for sure. Keep me posted.....
Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
You just had to do it, didn't you...........

Sometimes I hate you....
Well I at least you do not like my scopes (I think you prefer your Zeiss Conquest over my Vortex Viper PSTs).

But I have to say, in that regards, my Pop's Remington 700 BDL SS DM -B 7mm STW that I have been reloading for and shooting does have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 AO MC. I can see no difference in quality between the two scopes (except my Vortexs are FFP and his Zeiss is SFP) and be pleased with either of them.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Old 03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

I like the Vortex. Actually been thinking about getting a Viper PST 6-24x50. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone....

The only thing I'd change on my Zeiss would be the reticle. I'd love to have the Mil-Dot reticle, over the Z-Plex. I would like to see a 30mm tube, 56mm end objective, and definitely a FFP setup. But those are just pipe dreams. I have told Zeiss that I'd like to see a Conquest HD5 5-25x56 w/ 30mm tube, and FFP, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Quote: