Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Spartan Precision shop pics 3/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 PM

Spartan Precision shop pics 3/22

Here are some pics from work that we turned out this week.

First one is a 7 SAUM built on a Stiller long action with Stiller 20 MOA canted base in a Manners MCS-T/A stock, Bartlein fluted #4 with 1/9 twist, R&D Precision brake and turned down blended cap for shooting without brake, factory Remington BDL floorplate/guard and Timney trigger.

Second is another similar style long action Stiller Tac 300 with Stiller 20 MOA canted base, chambered in .30-'06,Bartlein #6 with flutes and 1/10 twist, Manners MCS-T/A, Huber single stage trigger (not in at time of pic) and Badger Ordnance machined aluminum hinged floorplate. The stock was custom coated by my cerakote guy. Not sure if I can say his name because he isn't a sponsor?

This was a Remington based build. I trued the receiver then threaded a Bartlein #11 medium palma chambered in .308 with 1/11.25 twist, Badger oversized precision ground recoil lug, MacMillan HTG stock, Timney trigger and Newman Precision DBM/guard and Badger oversized bolt knob.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM

Re: Spartan Precision shop pics 3/22

This one was another trued Remington with a Badger oversized lug and Badger 20 MOA rail, McMillan A2 stock, Bartlein #14 with 1/11.25 twist chambered in .308, Jewell trigger, Newman Precision DBM/guard.

Here is a barrel job just about to come out of the lathe and get turned around for the muzzle work

Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member

Been following the hide build. Very nice looking rifles. If they shoot as good as they look you are onto something.

Scot E
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Very nice Marc.

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 03-23-2013, 12:11 AM

Thanks guys.

Scot accuracy is most important and that's what I've built my reputation on. I go to great lengths to make sure the fit and finish are as perfect as possible because it's a custom rifle and that's how it should be but if it doesn't shoot I won't even let the customer have it. If you surf the 'Hide you probably know that but not too many guys on this forum know that yet

Marc
Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
Thanks guys.

Scot accuracy is most important and that's what I've built my reputation on. I go to great lengths to make sure the fit and finish are as perfect as possible because it's a custom rifle and that's how it should be but if it doesn't shoot I won't even let the customer have it. If you surf the 'Hide you probably know that but not too many guys on this forum know that yet

Marc
Ya, I re-read my post and didn't word that quite like I wanted. The "if" made it sound like I didn't know about your accuracy and I have seen proof pics on the hide.

I was trying to say that the rifles are extraordinarily beautiful and if the accuracy follows they will be quite a combo.

Wish I could have gotten in on that build. Maybe next time.

Scot E.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:41 AM

I knew what you meant Scot and thanks for the compliment 😃

Marc