Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

So I guess its hopeless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

So I guess its hopeless

Can't do any thing about a Cooper trigger? Can't be tricked out in any way? Not in this 21 century we live in! We can send rockets to the moon but can't do :any thing about Cooper triggers............................. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Gold Member

Re: So I guess its hopeless

Iron,
I looked ar your other post and was surprised that none of the smiths on this forum answered your question.
Most triggers can be improved by polishing and internal modification.

Polishing and stoning removes small amounts of material which could upset critical contact areas and may also effect hardness of the trigger components, this should considered before any work is undertaken.

Any smith worth his sort should be able to help you here, advising you of what is involved, he may not want to do it, preferring to install an aftermarket trigger.
I would check out the cost and work involved, you may find that the aftermarket trigger is more economical.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

PS. Cooper firearms are in my eye, extremely handsome rifles.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member

Re: So I guess its hopeless

I suggest that you contact Cooper and talk to Rob, he is one of the managers and a super guy - if he can't help you I doubt that anyone can.
Good luck with your quest. I am happy with the trigger on my Cooper, doesn't need any changing.