close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

So excited, My new big game rifle is coming tomorrow!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Gold Member

So excited, My new big game rifle is coming tomorrow!

I just bought basically a brand new Browning A-Bolt 300. wsm with only 21 rounds put through it. No nicks, no marks, no scratches, nothing. Comes with a sling and leupold scope rings. My buddy gave me a Bushnell scopechief VI 3-9X 40mm to go with it. All for 500 dollars right on the button. I purchased some winchester power point 180 grain bullets today and will be sighting in the following weekend. I will be saving the brass and purchasing some more brass to reload some bullets. Im thinking 180 grain nosler accubonds or maybe Barnes tsx or tipped tsx bullets. I was thinking of buying a bipod for it, but still debating. Will be hunting anything and everything with it. It will be my new go to rifle for big game. Mostly Moose, Caribou, and black bear.

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some loads they like for big game. It would be really appreciated. I will post pictures probably tomorrow or Monday night. Just wanted to share! Thanks
    Unread 03-27-2010, 01:46 PM
    Platinum Member

Re: So excited, My new big game rifle is coming tomorrow!

Cant wait to see your new rifle. Your gonna love it.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Unread 03-27-2010, 02:05 PM
    Silver Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_3479 View Post
    I just bought basically a brand new Browning A-Bolt 300. wsm with only 21 rounds put through it. No nicks, no marks, no scratches, nothing. Comes with a sling and leupold scope rings. My buddy gave me a Bushnell scopechief VI 3-9X 40mm to go with it. All for 500 dollars right on the button.
    W O W ! You stole that gun. Well done!

You are going to have a lot of fun with that rifle. Definitely post pictures, and targets, and poses over game shot. My hunting buddy has two Browning A-bolts - he's filled a garage full of freezers with meat from them over the years. they are both good looking rifle and they definitely get it done.

I almost bought the twin of your rifle (BOSS model) at Christmas but it sold before I got back to them and it was significantly more than the excellent deal you made.

Fitch

Last edited by Fitch; 03-27-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Unread 03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
    Platinum Member

Congratulations on your new rig. Look forward to hearing how it shoots. Enjoy.