Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Smart phones and ballistics programs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Re: Smart phones and ballistics programs

Bill

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is the thing????

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.the-king-family.com/Shoot...r01Aug2004.xls

If it works, say thanks to Dave King. I have used the program out to 400 yards and find it very good.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Smart phones and ballistics programs

What's wrong with the Palm version of Exbal? I just bought a Zire22. It's small and cheap. I only plan to do one thing with it and that is run balistic software on it. I already have pssf on it and it works fine. I'm still saving up for Exbal. I am a cell phone tech and one thing for sure is the less things you do with your cell the better off you will be when you really will need to make a call. The plain ones never have trouble.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Silver Member

So, I am in the process of doing the samething with getting a smart phone because I am sick and tired of grabbing my PDA and it being dead. I just do not use it enough to keep the batteries charged but then they are not charged when I go shooting.

Did anyone ever get the pocket PC version of Perry's to work on a smart phone?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 12-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Bronze Member

SES50, I've bought a PN820 Smart Phone to run the pocket pc nightforce exbal on, with no success. Mr. Perry told me the same as OSO stated previously. Guess I should have checked before. It sure would have been nice... -- Don

Psalms 27:1
Old 12-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Platinum Member

bailey1474,

I got this from Exbal website:

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

I have a UTstarcom smartphone that runs exbal perfectly. I do not know what other smartphones will run it.

If anyone else is using a more durable phone that will function exbal please let me know.

The UTstarcom is okay but I keep lying down on it when shooting prone. I have crushed it twice causing the mouse type pointing tool to stick. May work better for a skinny fellow or for someone smart enough not to carry it in thier front pants pocket.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Silver Member

Friday evening I went to best buy and bought a 1G mirco sd card and loaded the nightforce/exbal software on it. Today I went to the AT&T store and put the SD card into a couple of different phones.

Moto Q with Microsoft Mobile 6 OS - Error, did not run.

Sansung BlackJack with Microsoft Mobile 5 Edition OS - Two of these phones we could not even see the program .exe file in the file manager.

Palm Treo 750 with Microsoft Mobile 5.0 with MSFP OS - Opened and I was able to run the program. Was not able to see if numbers that were being spit out were correct but I was able to get the program to run.

I guess I am going to go get a Palm Treo 750 tomorrow night. Hope this helps you guys out as much as it will help me.

SES50
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown