Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Smart phones and ballistics programs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
SPONSOR

Smart phones and ballistics programs

Well, I'm a little bummed. I finally got to upgrade dinosaur of a cell phone and picked up a shiny new Motorola Q w/Windows 5.0 OS. My thinking was that I could just install the pocket pc version of exbal and cut down on one gadget that I always carry. Plus the palm pilots I've had are $h!t. I've been through 4.

After trying unsucussfully to install exbal on my phone I got in contact w/Mr. Perry. He informed me that it will not work on any of the smartphones [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Something about he screen size and resolution.

Anyone know of anything besides exbal that a guy could install on this phone. I've got 14 days do take it back if I don't like and I don't see any reason to keep it if I can't run my ballistics program on it. Except I can check my emails and look @ LRH on it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Smart phones and ballistics programs

Have you tried PSSF its free. Just remember to get rid of everything that ends in ".rus".
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM

Have you tried running a version of "the thing" in pocket excel?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:02 PM
SPONSOR

Gotta have it for Windows 5.0 OS. The Palm version won't work. Thanks though!!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
SPONSOR

What exactly is the thing????
Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Silver Member

You could call Horus Vision and ask if this
http://www.horusvision.com/software.shtml
will work on your system. 650-588-8862
Or this one.
http://www.nightforceoptics.com/?catid=3...3f6808d434eaf07
208-476-9814
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm a little bummed. I finally got to upgrade dinosaur of a cell phone and picked up a shiny new Motorola Q w/Windows 5.0 OS. My thinking was that I could just install the pocket pc version of exbal and cut down on one gadget that I always carry. Plus the palm pilots I've had are $h!t. I've been through 4.

After trying unsucussfully to install exbal on my phone I got in contact w/Mr. Perry. He informed me that it will not work on any of the smartphones [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Something about he screen size and resolution.

Anyone know of anything besides exbal that a guy could install on this phone. I've got 14 days do take it back if I don't like and I don't see any reason to keep it if I can't run my ballistics program on it. Except I can check my emails and look @ LRH on it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny that you bring this up because I just installed it on my phone. I have a Treo 650 smartphone with the Palm software. I too have gone thru a few Palm Pilots and thought what the heck I may as well try to install it on my phone (thinkin one less thing to carry around). It works perfect!! Strange that Perry told you that the screens were not big enough?