Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

This site is costing me Money=customizing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: This site is costing me Money=customizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by emn83 View Post
Thanks! I was looking at a little smaller diameter when I was considering a 26 inch bbl, but I think at 24 inches I can afford a little bigger.

I like the A-Max because, they shoot well for me in factory ammo and, according to the reloading manual, they will work on medium game, so I'll be able to use the same bullets for everything I do
Yep, sounds about right. That is why I use the 168 Nosler Ballistic Tip. Essentially an A-max, but designed for hunting. I know guys use the A-max is used with good effectiveness on deer.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Gold Member

Re: This site is costing me Money=customizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Yep, sounds about right. That is why I use the 168 Nosler Ballistic Tip. Essentially an A-max, but designed for hunting. I know guys use the A-max is used with good effectiveness on deer.
This will be a deer gun, for now, though I may make up a 180gr Interbond load for things like elk...I'm a big hornady fan