Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Shooter Ballistic Software Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Silver Member

Shooter Ballistic Software Question

I am trying to figure out how to properly use the atmosphere option of Shooter program. When I turn on the atmosphere it gives me elevation and baro but it does not give me absolute station pressure. If I want 0 elevation and station pressure, I have to manually enter them. I'm sure that I am doing something wrong but thought I would ask here first.

I also do not know which gps app. it is getting info from. Is there a way to get absolute station pressure other than manually inputting from another source? Are there any other app's I should be using with my droid Razr and shooter program? Thanks for looking.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: Shooter Ballistic Software Question

I think you are looking for the options in the setup menu before you go to your load data for the atmosphere options.

Sean has the main link here:
Shooter - Ballistics Calculator for iOS and Android

The Op Manual here:
Operation Manual for Shooter

I usually use the auto update feature from my GPS or I look it up before in the field and load it ahead of time. I verify it in the field with my watch and/or a Garmin unit.

As for the GPS app when you go into your phones settings you should be able to turn on stand alone GPS, Google, or your carriers. I turn them all on, but Shooter will be looking for the data from the standalone GPS. "How do I know this?" if it is off the app won't update with current info.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Silver Member

Oh one more option... Sean seems to responds to email in 24-48 hours from my experience.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

Have you read this? I think it will get you where you want to be.

Operation Manual for Shooter

Scot E.