Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Sendero SFII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member

Sendero SFII

What is the difference in the Sendero SFII and the older Sendero ? Is the present Sendero model as good a quality as the older one was ?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Silver Member

Re: Sendero SFII

The Sendero II has a shiney finish with blackened flutes and a new stock with palm swells. I like the older ones better. The new stocks are too bulky for me and I don't care for the bright stainless finish.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member

plus the newer one have the pro trigger. both models shoot real good for factory guns
Old 07-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
What is the difference in the Sendero SFII and the older Sendero ? Is the present Sendero model as good a quality as the older one was ?
I believe the major difference is the addition of fully adjustable X-pro trigger.
I just gor SFII in 300 win mag and it came with factory set of 3.5 lbs pull which is good for me. I believe you can adjust down to 2.0 lbs or up to 5.0 lbs. Also, I think the stock is a bit different on SFII then the old sendero. Old had a black stock and the new one is black with grey type. There may be some other minor differences.
The issue I have with mine, is that it does not always ejects properly and the case stays in the chamber, unless I rack the handle hard and back right after the shot. Do you ever have this issue with yours ?
Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlobik View Post
I believe the major difference is the addition of fully adjustable X-pro trigger.
I just gor SFII in 300 win mag and it came with factory set of 3.5 lbs pull which is good for me. I believe you can adjust down to 2.0 lbs or up to 5.0 lbs. Also, I think the stock is a bit different on SFII then the old sendero. Old had a black stock and the new one is black with grey type. There may be some other minor differences.
The issue I have with mine, is that it does not always ejects properly and the case stays in the chamber, unless I rack the handle hard and back right after the shot. Do you ever have this issue with yours ?
Thanks
From what I understand, the X-pro trigger needs to be adjusted by a smith. Anyone else know any different?

I personally dont like the new barrel finish and blackened flutes, nor the wide palm swells and wide beavertail forearm.

-MR

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 07-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
From what I understand, the X-pro trigger needs to be adjusted by a smith. Anyone else know any different?

I personally dont like the new barrel finish and blackened flutes, nor the wide palm swells and wide beavertail forearm.

-MR
My X-pro came with an Allen key for adjustment and the adjustment screw is right there in the open. It actually sticks out, a bit too much for my liking. You could be right, but why would they provide an Allen key if they didnt want us to adjust it. In manual, it actually tells me how to adjust it, which was never done before for Remington.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Silver Member

hi,i have never had any extractor problems with my sf2 300 rum,but i have had the trigger adjusted down to 2lbs,my gunsmith says the older remmy triggers are much better than the x-mark once they are tweaked a little.