close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Reply

Sendero SFII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 2,089
Sendero SFII

What is the difference in the Sendero SFII and the older Sendero ? Is the present Sendero model as good a quality as the older one was ?
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 05-10-2009, 08:11 AM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Wyoming
    Posts: 530
    Re: Sendero SFII

    The Sendero II has a shiney finish with blackened flutes and a new stock with palm swells. I like the older ones better. The new stocks are too bulky for me and I don't care for the bright stainless finish.
    __________________
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

    http://www.coppercreekammo.com/

    You only live once. So spend 15 hours on the Internet everyday, desperately seeking validation from perfect strangers...

    "The Internet...the only place you can be what you want to without having to do it..." EHG
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Location: az
    Posts: 3,168
    Re: Sendero SFII

    plus the newer one have the pro trigger. both models shoot real good for factory guns
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 07-14-2009, 10:02 AM
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Posts: 23
    Re: Sendero SFII

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    What is the difference in the Sendero SFII and the older Sendero ? Is the present Sendero model as good a quality as the older one was ?
    I believe the major difference is the addition of fully adjustable X-pro trigger.
    I just gor SFII in 300 win mag and it came with factory set of 3.5 lbs pull which is good for me. I believe you can adjust down to 2.0 lbs or up to 5.0 lbs. Also, I think the stock is a bit different on SFII then the old sendero. Old had a black stock and the new one is black with grey type. There may be some other minor differences.
    The issue I have with mine, is that it does not always ejects properly and the case stays in the chamber, unless I rack the handle hard and back right after the shot. Do you ever have this issue with yours ?
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
    Posts: 6,068
    Re: Sendero SFII

    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jhlobik View Post
    I believe the major difference is the addition of fully adjustable X-pro trigger.
    I just gor SFII in 300 win mag and it came with factory set of 3.5 lbs pull which is good for me. I believe you can adjust down to 2.0 lbs or up to 5.0 lbs. Also, I think the stock is a bit different on SFII then the old sendero. Old had a black stock and the new one is black with grey type. There may be some other minor differences.
    The issue I have with mine, is that it does not always ejects properly and the case stays in the chamber, unless I rack the handle hard and back right after the shot. Do you ever have this issue with yours ?
    Thanks
    From what I understand, the X-pro trigger needs to be adjusted by a smith. Anyone else know any different?

    I personally dont like the new barrel finish and blackened flutes, nor the wide palm swells and wide beavertail forearm.

    -MR

    Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 07-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Posts: 23
    Re: Sendero SFII

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    From what I understand, the X-pro trigger needs to be adjusted by a smith. Anyone else know any different?

    I personally dont like the new barrel finish and blackened flutes, nor the wide palm swells and wide beavertail forearm.

    -MR
    My X-pro came with an Allen key for adjustment and the adjustment screw is right there in the open. It actually sticks out, a bit too much for my liking. You could be right, but why would they provide an Allen key if they didnt want us to adjust it. In manual, it actually tells me how to adjust it, which was never done before for Remington.
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 07-15-2009, 04:30 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: OZ
    Posts: 362
    Re: Sendero SFII

    hi,i have never had any extractor problems with my sf2 300 rum,but i have had the trigger adjusted down to 2lbs,my gunsmith says the older remmy triggers are much better than the x-mark once they are tweaked a little.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: Sendero SFII
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Remington 700 Sendero SFII 1sniper Guns For Sale 6 07-21-2011 10:34 AM
    Optics on 7mm RUM Sendero SFII THUMPER7MMRUM The Basics, Starting Out 9 02-07-2010 12:10 AM
    FS: Remington Sendero SFII 264 Win. rd1951 Guns For Sale 14 02-02-2010 08:15 PM
    FS Sendero SFII 300 Ultra tjbill Guns For Sale 15 01-22-2010 07:50 PM
    Deleted txsendero Guns For Sale 0 07-25-2008 02:31 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC