Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Sendero I & II differences????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Gold Member
Sendero I & II differences????

Does anyone know if there are significant differences between the original Sendero and the Sendero II. I know the stocks have been redesigned but what about the workings of the guns. I read a post somewhere where it was suggested that the older model has hand picked receivers and better quality barrels. Does this sound like good info or crap????

Unread 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Silver Member
Re: Sendero I & II differences????

I don't know what if this is what you are looking for but I have a gunsmith buddy here in pocatello that will only buy the older version sendero. He states that now remington has a third party building there barrels. With what he has been working on latly he see's remingtons barrels that are not completly straight. I personally do not know. hard to believe that would be the case especially from remington. JMHO though

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Gold Member

Antoher difference is the current model has a high polish finish on the stainless with black fluting. The original was flat stainless in finish. Dont know about your claim with quality of barrels ? I have my edge built on a series 1 and I just love the stock to death. I found it hard to handle the series 2 and I know alot of guys think similar thoughts. Lots of series 2 stocks getting sold with not many originals about say things ?. Depends what you like though ? The series one is a dedicated rh grip with the new one trying to please both sides . Great rifle to build off.

Good luck

With each step in the bush, you are a step closer.
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

The new Senderos also have the new X-Mark trigger. I hear they are easier to adjust and break very crisply. Other than that, I like everything else about the old Sendero better.

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 11-25-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Unread 11-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Gold Member

I like the new stock better. It makes my hand "rest on the palm instead of squeezing it. I don't have huge hands by any means but that may have something to do with it. So far I have 2 sendero 2's that shoot rediculous. We'll see about this 3rd one I just picked up.
Unread 11-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Silver Member

I have a buddy with an all black sandero w/ no fluted barrel, he bought it second hand and believes it was purchased new around 2001 or 2002. It has the different stock on it also... the only other sandero's I have seen have been a stainless finish though.
Unread 11-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Silver Member

I like my Sendero II stock. The large palm swell fits my hand perfectly, and I really dig the high polish finish. Cant speak on barrel quality, as I havent fired mine for accuracy yet.