Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Schneider Rifle Barrels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Schneider Rifle Barrels?

I'm sure there are things you haven't heard about Schneider, other than the hype you wanna hear...
I have one that shoots 'ok', it came with a gun, nothin special.
But having been screwed by Gary(who couldn't get an order right if his life depended on it), I would never again order one.
Too many better barrelmakers out there.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the feedback gang. Their shop is a hundred miles from my house, so I thought it would be nice to order the barrel in person so they would understand exactly what I want. I think I will skip it and go elsewhere.
Rick
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart B View Post
Well then, you just did.
Prove it.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
I'm sure there are things you haven't heard about Schneider, other than the hype you wanna hear...
I have one that shoots 'ok', it came with a gun, nothin special.
But having been screwed by Gary(who couldn't get an order right if his life depended on it), I would never again order one.
Too many better barrelmakers out there.
To each his own ;-)
Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Platinum Member

Popapi, you mentioned the following after reading my post that those barrels wore out fast:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popapi View Post
I have NEVER heard of Schneider wearing out twice as fast as ANY barrel maker, ....
To which I replied:

Quote:
Well then, you just did.
Which means you just heard (or, more correctly, read) it from me.

Then you replied back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popapi View Post
Prove it.
The only proof I have is what I've posted above. If you've forgot that, I'm sorry. So reread what's already been shown on your computer screen then try to remember what you've read.

I don't know what else I can do to prove you've heard (read?) those barrels wear out faster than others.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart B View Post
Popapi, you mentioned the following after reading my post that those barrels wore out fast:

To which I replied:

Which means you just heard (or, more correctly, read) it from me.

Then you replied back:
The only proof I have is what I've posted above. If you've forgot that, I'm sorry. So reread what's already been shown on your computer screen then try to remember what you've read.

I don't know what else I can do to prove you've heard (read?) those barrels wear out faster than others.
Whom ever you HEARD from that Schneiders barrels wear OUT TWICE as fast as others ask them how so, and are they shooting Schneiders barrels TWICE as much............. .
Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

considering that the vast majority of stainless barrels are cut from 416 stainless steel (there are a small few that are using 17PH4 rearc melt and 15-5 [not sure about the complete alloy number on the 15-5]). The only real difference in the 416 steel used is the sulphur content. The more sulphur; the easier it is to machine. But you don't want a lot of sulphur in a gun barrel. I have not seen a Schneider barrel in quite a few years, and I doubt that Mr. Schneider uses an alloy with a lot of sulphur in the blend. He probably wouldn't tell us anyway! I never saw a Schnieder barrel pit much, and this tells me he uses a low sulphur steel. Schnieder does a fine barrel!
gary