Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Savage trigger creep has gotta go!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Bronze Member

Savage trigger creep has gotta go!

Who makes triggers for the older Savage 112 flat rear actions? Mine doesn't resemble any in the Brownells or Midway online catalogs. It has a single countersunk screw that holds it in place against a lateral groove in the bottom of the receiver. It has an integral safety mounted on the side of the trigger housing that pushes a pointed pin in and out from the side of the action and blocks the trigger travel. It's problem is that creep can't be tweeked out without disabling the safety.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Gold Member

Re: Savage trigger creep has gotta go!

How about a photo? I've got Savages of most vintages and I've never seen what you are describing.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Silver Member

check out sharp shooters supply or savage shooters .com

sss has 2 one is the competition model adjustable down to 12 oz and the other is the evolution and will adjust similarly
Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by load View Post
check out sharp shooters supply or savage shooters .com

sss has 2 one is the competition model adjustable down to 12 oz and the other is the evolution and will adjust similarly
Not quite what he is after. I haven't seen a Savage with a side (trigger area) safety yet.

You might want to try: Savage Shooters Forum - Index

Alot of good folks there and maybe somebody can help.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRP View Post
How about a photo? I've got Savages of most vintages and I've never seen what you are describing.
It is a sliding tang safety...the slider actuates a pivoting plate on the side of the trigger housing.

I'll try Savage Shooters Forum as suggested...Thanks.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybar View Post
Who makes triggers for the older Savage 112 flat rear actions? Mine doesn't resemble any in the Brownells or Midway online catalogs. It has a single countersunk screw that holds it in place against a lateral groove in the bottom of the receiver. It has an integral safety mounted on the side of the trigger housing that pushes a pointed pin in and out from the side of the action and blocks the trigger travel. It's problem is that creep can't be tweeked out without disabling the safety.
Okay, it is a tang safety. From the description I thought it was a slide safety down by the trigger lever. Whew. Had me going.

There are several that make triggers for the older Savages. Having a Savage you will find the most help at the website I directed you to. Tons of info there.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybar View Post
It is a sliding tang safety...the slider actuates a pivoting plate on the side of the trigger housing.

I'll try Savage Shooters Forum as suggested...Thanks.
I've still never seen such a thing so a photo would help. All the the Savages I have are tang safety(never seen any other version) but the trigger has a set screw on the rear that engages the safety. They all have a pivoting piece on the side but it is the sear/bolt stop/release. The trigger bracket and sear/bolt stop/release are held in place with a pin through the action rather than a counter sunk screw also.