Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Savage - Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Gold Member

Savage - Customer Service

I have two days of terrible frustration with Savage Arms. I have tried multiple times to get through on their phone lines to ask a a question about their F-Class rifle with no success. This morning was the final insult. I was trying to explain my problem with the lady that answered the phone and ask to speak to a manager. I had spoken for probably 15 second when she simply transfered me to someone in mid-sentence! The person she transfered me to immediately put me on hold. Guess I really don't want one of their rifles!:mad:

Anyone else have a a similar experience? My dealer has not been able to get any information out of them either.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

I have not dealt with their customer service, but their rifles are excellent for the money.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member

I have had the opposite!

Great folks IMO. Sorry you had this problem.....but I suspect that it may change.

edge.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Gold Member

Hope it does change. My dealer (Gander Mountain) is going to try to get my question answered at a much higher level. If things don't get better, I simply won't buy their rifle. I refuse to get treated that way.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Silver Member

I have dealt with their customer service on a few occasions and I have always been taken care of very well. They have always been polite and curdious to me. I recently recieved a custom order and I called and talked to them a lot about it and they were great. Even the nicest people can have a bad day, you must have just been unlucky when you called. I really like their customer service.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 PM

I was given a 'heads-up' about this post and wanted to respond personally. As a 'customer driven' company, comments and feedback are very important to us. Although I'd like to frequent forums more often, sometimes there just doesn't seem to be enough time in a day!

Sometimes we do get 'swamped' with incoming calls and try our best to handle them as expeditiously as possible. Currently we have one person out and another in training. I offer this not as an excuse but as an explanation. Even with a full staff however, there will be times that we can't answer every call as it comes in.

How's this: if you get to a point where you need help or are frustrated with the service received, contact me directly. I have posted my contact information on other forums and offer my assistance to anyone that needs it. I answer all e-mails within 24 hours and if you don't get a response, I never received it (sometimes our firewall strips them out as spam). If you forward a phone number, I'll call you. Is that fair enough?

Joe DeGrande
Director Of Customer Service
Savage Arms, Inc.

413-568-7001 ext 4139
jdegrande@savagearms.com

[FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']PS - If you send me an e-mail, please use the address above since there's not always enough time to scan all the forums in a timely manner.[/FONT]
Old 02-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Gold Member

Joe,

Thanks very much for your response. You are the person I have been hoping to talk to although I did not have a name. I left you a voicemail and look forward to speaking with you.

Brian Holt

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member