Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Savage customer service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Bronze Member

Savage customer service

Anyone ever dealt with them? What was your experience? I am wondering while my rifle goes back to the factory to be fixed.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Gold Member

Re: Savage customer service

Savage forgot to install the ejector in my 220 20 gas rifled barrel slug gun. I called them on the phone to discuss it with them and they sent me one in the mail within 1 week, no questions asked.

Its a fairly big company with the usual delays trying to work through the switchboard, but compared to S&W/TC who basically told me that my Icon is obsolete and out of warranty and not to bother them with requests for spares (nor even send it in to be worked on !), Savage is looking pretty good so far.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Savage customer service

Thanks that is encouraging. My experience with gun companies CS is limited thankfully. I had great service from STI and Ruger. I know from working at a big box store gun dealer for a short time that Taurus is the worst. My first Savage was a special order that took almost a year but after shooting it I coulda cared less.