Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Savage 110 7remmag build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Savage 110 7remmag build

I am looking to build a long range rifle out of my savage 110 7mm rem mag. This will be my first build so any info, and or help wud be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Gold Member

Re: Savage 110 7remmag build

Hi DeadYote and welcome to the forum. ( With a handle like that you will do well here, I can tell. LOL)

Lots of Savage folks on here. I have two LRH Savages myself. Since you are already a Savage owner, you have a good idea of what they are capable of. Just feel free to ask about anything you need help/advice on. LOTS of helpful people on the forum.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrelnut View Post
Hi DeadYote and welcome to the forum. ( With a handle like that you will do well here, I can tell. LOL)

Lots of Savage folks on here. I have two LRH Savages myself. Since you are already a Savage owner, you have a good idea of what they are capable of. Just feel free to ask about anything you need help/advice on. LOTS of helpful people on the forum.
+1 Along with Remingtons, Savage is one the best factory actions available. In my opinion, if I couldn't have a Remington it would surely be a Savage. Same here, if you need help just ask, many guys, including myself, will be delighted to help.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Silver Member

+1 on the Savage, easy to rebarrel and ya got ta love the floating bolt head.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member

DeadYote,

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

There are lots of Savage experts here that are always willing and able to help and share their real world experiences ... just post your queries and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck on your project.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 AM

I am thinkin about puttin a Boyd thumb hole stock on it. Any ideas about what to do for barrell and for trigger. It has an accutrigger right now. Also a cost effective muzzle brake.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYote View Post
I am thinkin about puttin a Boyd thumb hole stock on it. Any ideas about what to do for barrell and for trigger. It has an accutrigger right now. Also a cost effective muzzle brake.
You can get an already cut, threaded, contoured, and short chambered barrel from Shillen for your Savage pretty reasonable. Boyds stocks are great in my opinion, and are also affordable. As for a trigger, if you don't like that AccuTrigger, Timney makes some really nice ones that are fully adjustable. I'm not big into muzzle brakes, but I have heard good things about Vais Brakes, which are the only ones my uncle will install on a customer's rifle. Hope this helps!