Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Sako vs. Tikka?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Sako vs. Tikka?

Hey all,

I have been a big fan of Weatherby's for many years, and have never paid much attention to the Sako line. Recently I have had the chance to be around a Sako Finnlite and could not believe how smooth the action was compared to my Mark V.

I have been wanting to purchase a Weatherby Ultralight, but might now be changing toward the Sako Finnlight. The only thing I don't really care for is the Sako synthetic stock. I would rather have the synthetic like the Weatherby with the splatter paint on it.

What I have been thinking of is possibly buying a Sako Finnlite and putting a new stock on it. Here is the question, are Sako and Tikka's actions the same? Would I be better off in purchasing a Tikka and putting the stock on it? I would like to build a lightweight 7MM.

Thanks for your thought.

Unread 11-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Sako vs. Tikka?

Actions are not the same. The tikka is a lower end rifle made by sako. However the tikka action is very good with an excellent trigger. I own several Tikka T-3 lights and all are very accurate and excellent rifles. The finnlite is a step up in quality but the tikka does the job just fine.
Predictions are difficult, especially when they involve the future