Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

RWS Primers due in spring for the US

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Silver Member

RWS Primers due in spring for the US

This WILL happen folks. Not sure if anyone else has posted this fact.

Who ELSE thinks this is a great thing?
[Reaching for wallet] You wouldn't happen to be a betting man would you?
Impossible means not done YET!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: RWS Primers due in spring for the US

Really want input on this!
Old 09-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Silver Member

UPDATE!!!!!

I have done extensive testing of RWS primers and brass and have been awarded a distributorship through my company Next County Over. Do not carry all calibers yet but am building a good inventory of brass and primers.

They are the best there is. They are expensive. It is up to you to decide the value to you for the shooting you do. Hint: If you are in competition, you need to
SERIOUSLY consider these products.

You can reach me through this board or 804-690-6868.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:26 AM

Randy,

I think that it's a good thing to see additional competition in the supply side of European cartridge cases. When do you think that you will be posting prices so that we can compare to Huntington's and Natchez?

Natchez is finishing up a big sale of RWS brass to announce their entry into the supply line. I know that there has been a great response to their ad since most of what they offered is sold out.

The biggest drawback that I see is going to be the Dollar vs. Euro problem and shipping costs, of course. Please let us know when you can offer prices and what cases will be available.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Silver Member

Do you have the .50 BMG primers? If so, how much?
Old 09-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Bronze Member

Whats the odds RWS makes brass for a Remington ultra mag??
Old 09-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Silver Member

Sorry for the delay on the questions regarding RWS products. I am in the same boat as other resellers and that is "without product". I have a small amount of .308 Match Brass for sale and a few primers, but am awaiting a big shipment that may or may not ever be here.

The good news is that security on containers from Germany is VERY good. They are checked by Americans in Germany and sealed, and most checked again over here. On top of that are boat captains that will refuse "at the dock" to carry a product for any reason at all. These include shipments of ammunition and primers that would accompany other ship products such as paint.

I know I have a very excited initial offering of products and am in the difficult position of saying I will have product when I will have product. On top of that, the products that I cannot have will soon have a price increase! (Guess the cost of turning away trucks with products doesn't help).

Unless notified on boards to the contrary, I will not plan on product to distribute till next shooting season (tactical, IBS, Pennsylvania 1000, etc.)

RWS has been caught short in this as well and is determined to get stock levels up in the US for the first time ever because of the difficulty.

It is good that the only ones to have to wait on these excellent products are the few at the top of their game as I know first hand how frustrating it is. On the other hand, if you were the Germans being held up by US inspectors at BOTH ends, you would not be very happy either.

We WILL get through this and those with the need and knowledge will get the products.
Thanx to all that just thought I was braindead. I may be, but that was not the problem this time!