Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Ruger M77 Magnum Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ruger M77 Magnum Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedmoor shooter View Post
I dont have a problem with ruger. My dads 20 year old M77 MKII 7mm RM with a non free floating barrel and non bedded action shoots well under MOA @ 100 yards. My Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator 6.5 Creedmoor is a under 1/4 moa gun @ 100 yards. I havent seen a ruger have issues. I must say id have to pick a savage over a remmy just because of bad personal experiences with a few remingtons. Im not really bias to any brand. I own a savage and a ruger and have shot a couple brownings and like them all. Now remmys arent a bad gun. Alot of people have had good luck with them and its still a very popular rifle(just look at the after market world) ive just had bad experiences is all. Whether they were flukes or not i have no idea.
I have 2 of the old stainless/synthetic skeleton stock model Rugers (7mm RemMag & 7mm-08), that I have had for 16 years (7mm-08) and 12 years (7mm RemMag), and they are both tack drivers. Unfortunately the aftermarket realm doesn't throw much support for them, other than EGW making scope rails that you have to drill and tap the receivers to use (which is genious, I don't know why nobody thought about it sooner) so you won't have to use and buy Ruger brand rings made specifically for that rifle, and a few aftermarket stocks.

If the aftermarket showed more support for them, they would be excellent options for long range builds.

I also have had 2 Browning, and still have one of them. Great guns.

Got a Weatherby Accumark, too. Great guns, but mine needs a new barrel, since Weatherby decided to screw the pooch on mine, by building it on a Monday or Friday afternoon... My smith said the rifling looks like someone did it with an icepick, and the rifle has less than 250 rounds down it. I will most likely be sending it back to Weatherby for a rebarrel.

I have a whole lot of other crap too, so don't think I'm 100% Remington 700.....I'm just 100% anti Savage. I'd own just about anything over one of them. LOL

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member

z71rad88,

Thus far, there's one that is totally anti Savage. Hopefully, we have provided you some insight to help you in your decision process.

There's also a poll on most accurate rifle out of the box that might be worth your time.

Good luck!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
How did this ended up Remington vs Savage again?

We should be thankful we have choices.
that is because the OP did nt mention sako.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
that is because the OP did nt mention sako.
Great!

Old 03-31-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
z71rad88,

Thus far, there's one that is totally anti Savage. Hopefully, we have provided you some insight to help you in your decision process.

There's also a poll on most accurate rifle out of the box that might be worth your time.

Good luck!
Indeed. Thanks for letting me know about that poll, I'll have to check that out.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
you can not go wrong with the sendero. are you looking for a rifle with wood stock/blue metal or stainless/ sythetic ??
Definitely sythetic blue or stainless but that wood browsing xbolt in .30-06 at Cabelas for $800 has caught my eye......

I have checked out the Sendero..really nice lookin platform. I really like the fact it comes with a 26 inch tube for thr .300 WM too.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71rad88 View Post
Definitely sythetic blue or stainless but that wood browsing xbolt in .30-06 at Cabelas for $800 has caught my eye......

I have checked out the Sendero..really nice lookin platform. I really like the fact it comes with a 26 inch tube for thr .300 WM too.
Don't know a whole lot about it but the Browning AB3 in .300 Win Mag has 26" barrel for $599 MSRP (Browning Firearm, AB3 Composite Stalker, Item 035800229, UPC 023614398271)