Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

RSI pressuretrace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Silver Member

RSI pressuretrace

i hate to just join up and start askin a bunch of questions, but i havent seen any talk of it in the past topics.......

what do u know about it? i know u dont really need it for the rifles, but i do mostly shotgun stuff (mostly 10ga) and theres really no way to tell what psi u got.

it would be nice to have and i am prob going to get one sometime so i can make 8ga loads and try different powders in the 10ga.

any thots?

http://www.shootingsoftware.com/pressure.htm
Old 06-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Re: RSI pressuretrace

I have one and IMO, it works well and is easy to set up.

I do agree that for standard rifle cartridges there may be very little need for this, but working up wildcat loads I think that it can save you a lot of worry about pressure and a lot of time can be saved with the ability to jump powder weights with confidence.

The price is modest, and I believe it to be a good value.

edge.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:21 AM
SPONSOR

I've got it and wish I would have spent the money elsewhere. Maybe I'm just too stupid to get it to work right, but I've been through 2 of those $25 strain gauges and have not once got an even pressure curve.

I'm not saying it does not work. I want to try it one more time before I say that.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member

If I recall, the person to email is Jim Ristow ( or something like that ). He will get you on track very quickly. I had pulled a connection loose and could not get a trace. They mailed a new cord the next day.

edge.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:23 AM
SPONSOR

I've talked to Jim on a couple of occasions. I've just been to lazy to call him back on this issue. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that he can get me going as well. Super nice guy and full of good info!!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got it and wish I would have spent the money elsewhere. Maybe I'm just too stupid to get it to work right, but I've been through 2 of those $25 strain gauges and have not once got an even pressure curve.
I'm not saying it does not work. I want to try it one more time before I say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in buying it. Send me email: a.ricka00@gmail.com

I need it for my 50 BMG sabot's, subsonics and developing max loads.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

If you are interested, I loaned my PT tosomeone with a Savage muzzleloader and he has may listed traces of smokeless loads.

http://dougva.proboards34.com/index....ead=1147285276

Look for the "BLUE" letters " <font color="blue"> PRESSURE TRACE LOADS by RB </font>"
and pick any of the links.

edge.