Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Rock Creek Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Silver Member

Rock Creek Customer Service

Hi I have heard that RCs customer Service leaves somthing to be desired. Does anyone have any experince with RC.
Thanks

ď Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Rock Creek Customer Service

All I can say is that I called them once, ordered a barrel, gave them all my info and even Kirby's mailing address in which to send it, and never heard from them again! Never returned an email and I decided on something else before I made another call.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:25 PM

Greetings all,
The service in years past has been slow, as my workload was rather high. We are currently no more than three weeks out on anything, and are shipping .30'a daily.

I shipped a barrel to a Kirby in Montana, and that was a while back. I will check UPS tracking in the morning.

We have five people on the floor now, and we all answer the phone and fill out the PO sheet. It gets logged on the work schedule and shipped as fast as possible. Like I say, no morfe than three weeks out now.

We are shipping every day, and caught up on the ones from 'way back'.

If you have one of these 'lost' orders, please call Mike, James or Paul. Since about a year ago, lots of good things have happened for our loyal customers, and we keep getting good reports from the shooters.

Just CALL or better, email now. We did lose all our mail from about two months ago....wonder if that was where that order went? Moral of that one is don't let Mike play with the computer.

608-862-2357 is the phone, the fax is 2356.

Most respectfully,
Mike Rock
Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Bronze Member

Kudos to you for stepping up and admitting there were some issues in the past. It is also neat that you are a forum member and obviously peruse the forums! I will contact you in the fall after I get over my latest purchase from Jim Borden... that should be in June or July, so I figure I can get away with another gun by September if I hide the fact from my wife...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member

Good deal Mike , so I guess I'll ask the question that everybody else wants to know

Will the end product be the same as the barrels for a couple years ago?
Same outstanding quality cut rifled barrels , just wondering because I know first hand that if to many hand get onto the product that quality can suffer , unless all your guys share the same passion for quality that you do
Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Bronze Member

I appreciate the post! It has been about a year since I made that order. Even Kirby was surprised when I didn't hear anything. The gentleman that I spoke to was telling me how it was almost impossible to get the 1.25 diameter steel and that all of what you were getting was the 1.2 diameter! Ring a bell? It turned out to be of no consequence, but I was pretty keen on having a Mike Rock Barrel! Lets try again soon! I have something that is about to get off the ground and it would be my pleasure to go the same route that I wanted to go this time last year!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
PUBLISHER

I have only one customer service experience with Mike Rock.

I called him one day in 2003 to order a barrel and went down the very next morning to see his operation. Only a couple hours from my home in Wisconsin.

Over about 3 hours or so I watched while Mike personally made my barrel. That's pretty good service!

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors