Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

rifle stocks .....again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Bronze Member

Re: rifle stocks .....again

Thanks for your replies so far. HS precision stocks are available here but tactical stock is around $1200 aussie.and they have done the same thing.the stocks are fantastic for a short action rifle but are poor when it comes to a long action and a high scope.I have been going through pictures posted by people from this site and I have noticed that every one has a low cheek rest.In some pictures their chin just makes it to the stock.
I have started drawing plans for my own style of stock.I will see how I go with that.I just dont have the skill to make it.Its frustrating for me because I know exactly what I want/need but there is nothing close on the market.I find it hard to believe that I am the only one with this problem.

the search continues.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:51 AM
PUBLISHER

Thomas

I edited your post above and the image now works. Go back to your other non-working posts and hit the edit button. It looks to me as though the image url was put into the post twice. ??

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-10-2002, 07:28 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks Len, I never had problems with Photopoint so I'm just trying this new place for photos and I keep tripping over my own feet.

Also, as far as H.S. precision and ordering here is my experience. I placed the order for this stock in early October and was told that it would be 6 to 8 weeks because of the left hand conversion. It did indeed show up right before Christmas and I was able to get out and give it a test drive. I actually gained a little bit better accuracy, not much but better. So my experience is very positive. They do have adjustable cheekpiece available.
Another place to look for the stock you want might be Master Stocks or Richards Micro-fit.
Good luck in your search.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:00 PM
PUBLISHER

I hate that Photopoint is gone!

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors