Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Rifle stock advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:45 PM

Rifle stock advice

Greetings,

I would appreciate anyone's input regarding the two following rifle stocks by McMillan.

A-3 Sporter and HTG (M40A1 sniper design).

I'm building a rifle and can't decide which model to choose as I have no experience with McMillan or alot of experience with long(er) range hunting and shooting. The rifle will sport a #5 Broughton barrel which is similar to a Sendero contour and will be used as a hunting rifle in flat and steep country.

Thanks for any rifle stock advice you might provide.

JR
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Rifle stock advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Greetings,

I would appreciate anyone's input regarding the two following rifle stocks by McMillan.

A-3 Sporter and HTG (M40A1 sniper design).

I'm building a rifle and can't decide which model to choose as I have no experience with McMillan or alot of experience with long(er) range hunting and shooting. The rifle will sport a #5 Broughton barrel which is similar to a Sendero contour and will be used as a hunting rifle in flat and steep country.

Thanks for any rifle stock advice you might provide.

JR
Both of the stock a you are contemplating are great ones. The m40a1 model is similar to the sendero stock, while the A3 has the near vertical pistol grip. Each have their vertues . McMillan stock quality is awesome, and if used as a " drop in" you are fine, but if / when you bed it, it will really shine. You can't go wrong with a MAC, you just have to decide which is better for your need! ( hint, the A3 is tacticool).
PS, nice barrel choice too!